I did it!
I finished 26.2 miles in 4:12. I wanted to finish a little faster, but the wind really got to me. It was a beautiful sunny day despite the wind, and I had a good time. So good, that I convinced my brother to enter the St. George Marathon lottery with me!It was fun to see my family at the finish line! They all entered different events and it was a really great experience to have them cheering me on!
My mom and dad got up early to do the 5K...their first race ever! Way to go!
Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement!


7 comments:
Heather! That's a great time and you look awesome! Way to go! What a huge accomplishment... You are awesome... I want to be just like you when I grow up... Love your guts..
Jod
Congratulations to all!! Well done!
You are such a tough chick! Congrats!
Con-freakin-gratulations! You are so cool! 4:12 is an awsome time, especially in the wind. There is nothing worse than wind no matter what you are doing, but especially running! I am so totally impressed!!! Way to go!
-Dixie
Way to go Fam!
You Go Girl! What a great feat! Will you be my trainer?
Hi Heather - I must have just missed seeing you cross the finish line. My brother finished at just after you..at like 4:14 so I was probably running down to the finish line to meet him and missed seeing you. Anyway, I was so inspired by the whole marathon scene that I'm running the TOU marathon in Logan in September. It will be my first marathon.
Post a Comment