Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Leaving Las Vegas

Well, you asked for it. Rather, Brooke asked for it, and you all can thank her for my Vegas update. First of all, Vegas isn't my favorite place to visit...when you don't drink, gamble, or want to see nekkid women, you don't have a lot to choose from in the way of entertainment. So, my coworkers and I enjoyed the lovely buffet at the Orleans and then played some skeeball while we waited for our movie to start. (The Blindside is a great movie, by the way.)

We also enjoyed walking over to the Bellagio where the fountains are spouting along to holiday favorites. Also, the Atrium is decked out with giant polar bears made of carnations and flying reindeer made out of almonds...pretty cool!


Although the highlight of Jared's trip was seeing a couple of drunk guys get thrown out of Caeser's Palace and then arrested for public intoxication, I was privileged enough to see this gem in person. Yep...a pimped out Ford Escape with SPIKES!


The spikes caught our attention, and then we noticed the handicapped placard hanging from the rearview, and I thought my blog readers, that's you Brooke, would enjoy the irony. So I went in for a close-up....


Holy CRAP! The flash revealed an alligator head on the front seat, and is that a babyseat in the back? We wanted to hang around to see what kind of a person drove this, but we got scared by the possibilities and decided to let it remain a mystery.

All in all...a very interesting trip. Plus, I logged about 8 hours on the Wii Fit...so if anyone is looking for a last minute gift for me, I would like either a Wii Fit, or an alligator head.

4 comments:

melissa walker said...

Thanks for requesting a Vegas report Brooke! Seriously, though, that is a weird person who drives that car. Once again, it makes me think, "Really? We're really ALL God's children?"

brooke said...

Great report. That is exactly what I wanted. I am dying over who drives that Escape!! The handicapped placard with the baby seat and spikes takes the cake.

I loved the Blind Side too. Great movie. When Sandra Bullock is that good--it makes me wonder why she does all the stupid chic flick movies.

I hate Vegas but I enjoy buffets and people watching (and in your case, car watching) there.

The Mostess said...

What?? I have a million non gambling/nekkid ladies/drinking/smoking things to do in Vegas. Hit me up for pointers next time you go!! I do an annual girl's trip..so fun.

Heather said...

Mostess...invite me on your next annual girl trip! That would be SOOO much fun!