Monday, March 22, 2010

Oceanside...this will be fun, right?


So, I'm heading to the beach this weekend. That's what I keep telling myself to keep from freaking out when actually I will be 1) swimming 1.2 miles IN THE OCEAN 2) biking 56 miles on a course I have never been on and then 3) running 13.1 miles. I've been having nightmares about swimming in the ocean, with my face actually in the water. I wake up at 3 in the morning, worried about being fast enough to finish the bike before the time cut-off. I'm trying to remember why I signed up for this...and really why I signed up for the full Ironman in a little more than a month. So, here are 70.3 reasons why I am doing this...just kidding...I don't think I could think of 70 reasons...instead, I will just leave you with some of my favorite inspirational quotes...and if you could toss up a little prayer for me on Saturday morning, I could use all the help I can get.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars."
-Les Brown

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."
-Muhammad Ali

"We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."
-Jesse Owens

"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."
-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

"Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're probably right."
-Henry Ford

9 comments:

Jenn S said...

Good luck! You will do awesome! I am really proud of you and wish I could do something like this!

melissa walker said...

We're all behind you pushing!

Mac and Dixie said...

You'll be great! As McKay would say, "Mind over matter". He tells me that a lot. I tend to go into freak-out mode easy. I will be thinking of you! You are my hero!

Gooches said...

my friends husband did that one last year, right after that dude got eaten by a shark training for it! not to scare you or anything! heehee! you will do fabulous!

Heather said...

Oh gosh...my friend told me about the shark, but I thought she was joking.

Sarah said...

Good luck Heather! We'll be cheering you on!

brooke said...

I will pray for you--You will be awesome! I can't wait for a full report with pictures!

Anonymous said...

congrats on surviving and finishing..good luck in SG......db

brooke said...

Are you alive? Did you finish? I want a full report.