
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...if you only want to do one half marathon in your life, pick the Disneyland Half. Super organization, easy course, entertainment along the way, running through Angel Stadium, ginormous finishers' medals...you just can't beat it. I ran it for the second time this year, and I talked my college roomies Melissa and Niko into running it, too. Since I was so lame last year and didn't dress up, I decided that costumes were a MUST this year. There were 3 of us, so I thought that going as Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty would be fun. Mom pulled out the glue gun and the tulle and did a fantastic job fashioning running-friendly outfits. We got to the start line at 4:30, and boy, were we popular before the race! (So popular that I didn't have time for my pre-race potty break and had to have a pit stop at mile 2). Random runners wanted pictures of us (this blogger got one post-race...kind of stalker-ish), and Disney online did an interview with us on-camera. I haven't located that online yet, but I'm sure looking. So, if you want to run with me next year, let me know. I'll bring the costumes.

4 comments:
That is very cute!
You guys look darling. That sounds like a blast.
LOVE it! I thought you'd be doing it again this year! I think I need that medal...you probably could talk me into doing it next year!!
Dixie...you should come do this...it's so much fun!
Post a Comment