Monday, October 18, 2010

Another weekend...another race...

I know it doesn't seem like I do anything but go to races, but I do...I promise...hopefully I will be able to prove it one day...

Anyhoo...over the weekend, I did the Pink Series Half Marathon. This pic is me with my fast friend Amber. She inspires me to run hard and do it with a smile. She's is a great cheerleader and always has a great attitude. We trained for triathlons together and it was always fun when she was around. She helped her friend to a new PR at the race. I didn't PR, but I had so much fun anyway.

It was such an awesome race! It was all about the women...lots of pink...awesome goodie bags...cute t-shirts...and cute guys handing us cute necklaces at the finish line. The race supported breast cancer awareness and research, and it was amazing to run with women who have overcome so much. At mile 7 I met a new friend...her mom died from breast cancer and she was running in remembrance of her. We spent the next 6 miles talking, and even though I ran at a slower-than-normal pace, I was really enjoying the opportunity to meet someone new, and before I knew it, the race was over and we were being pampered with post-race massages. Some days I like to run hard, and some days I like to take it easy, enjoy myself, and feel grateful just being alive. The weather was perfect for a run...the course was challenging but not horrible, and the fall colors were beautiful. Plus, you are close to the Park City outlets so you can do some post-race retail therapy. If you want to run a local half marathon in the fall, I give two enthusiastic thumbs up to this one!

2 comments:

brooke said...

This sounds like the one for me. Haven't I said that like six times and I'm still not out running. Hmmmm.

My grandma died of breast cancer at 50 so this is a cause close to my heart. I love pink too. So maybe just maybe I will do this next year!

Heather said...

Brooke...I will totally train and run it with you :)