Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goodbye 2010!


It's that time of year when I reflect back on the past 12 months, wishing I were back on the beach, and wondering why it is I always think I have nothing to do, because when I look back, I realize that I was one busy girl this past year.

I competed in over 15 races...and took home some awesome hardware for my collection.
  • Ironman California 70.3
  • Salt Lake City Half Marathon
  • Ironman St. George
  • Goldilocks Ride
  • Ogden Marathon
  • Women of Steel Triathlon
  • Salem Spring Triathlon
  • Utah Valley Marathon
  • Ragnar Relay
  • Tour de Donut
  • Herriman Triathlon
  • Mapleton Moonlight Half Marathon
  • Disneyland Half Marathon
  • Dirty Dash
  • St. George Marathon
  • Pink Half Marathon
  • Halloween Half Marathon
I went on some fun trips including a couple of trips to California to race and hang out with friends, and a great trip to Ireland.I started a new calling working with the Young Women in the ward, which I love, but keeps me plenty busy. Sadly, I did not find the love of my life in 2010, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I had quite the ride with internet dating, thanks to Stacy. I think it's telling that I get a lot of comments like, "You should do the internet dating thing again...your stories were so funny" and not "I wish you'd do the internet dating thing so you can find someone awesome."

All-in-all, I am so lucky to have the opportunity to experience so many wonderful things...but I'm most grateful for loving and supportive friends and family! Here's hoping that 2011 is just as awesome as 2010!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, if 2011 is half as awesome as you.....you'll have a great year. I'm very proud of who you are, and all that you do. Love, DAD

brooke said...

Love that last picture of your cute family. You had an amazing year. The races alone are mind-blowing. You really should keep up the internet dating for our benefit :-)

melissa walker said...

That's a great year right there!

joslyn said...

happy 2011.
um wow, you were one busy girl.
i loved the internet stories, they were pretty awesome.

The Mostess said...

Happy 2011! I want more dating stories, just not at your expense!

So--how much would you charge for a custom made header like Brooke's? Mine would need to involve Twilight, NKOTB/Donnie Wahlberg, my husband,the dog, and the baby. :0

Seriously--email me at kaari99@yahoo.com. I would love to have you crate one for me!

The Mostess said...

And congrats on all the running. I can't even jog.