Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Running...not for the squeamish...

I have been told, more than once, that I have cute toes. Obviously, those people have not seen my toes during marathon training. I am in no way ready for sandal season...and I don't think it's going to get much better until after the race. Side note...if anyone is looking for birthday ideas for me, a pedicure is obviously much needed...see picture for proof. Seriously...those two toenails are not going to make it. That bluish tint...not left over nail polish, but actual skin coloring.

Gross...

On a much prettier note...Dixie and I have narrowed down our running skirt options to find a super cute one that will hopefully stand out visually so that her husband can spot us and take some action shots as we head toward the finish line...Very cute, yes? Dixie is planning on wearing a pink top with hers, and I'll wear an orange one...I think we'll be identifiable...

3 comments:

melissa walker said...

Yep, those look bad. But the skirt is cute!

Mac and Dixie said...

So fun! My left foot should be in your picture too! My second toe is black black black. I have dark pink polish on all my toes right now and the black shows through so my one toe looks like a different color of pink. The price we pay...

I am so excited for our skirts! They are going to make us run really fast!! :)

brooke said...

Cute cute cute...the skirt, that is. I constantly lose my big toenail...so gross and I am not running a marathon!