Monday, April 8, 2013

NO MORE BLIND DATE POSTS!

I know many of you will be saddened by the news that I will no longer be doing any blind date posts. I know that many of you will never read my blog again because bad blind date experiences were the only posts you liked. Well, too bad. I have the very best reason in the world for never going on a blind date again... Scott and I are engaged and getting married in July! 


I am completely thrilled, although at the same time I did have some grand plans for life as a Mormon spinster...plans I made after being in the dating world for quite some time, having a good look around, and starting to think I just might be better off single. Nearly two decades of dating that included (but sadly not limited to): Sasquatch hunters, WWF wrestlers, homeless guys, not-so-smooth moves (mostly mine), plays about pee, internet creepiness, abandoned accountants with five kids, dating brothers, dating roommates, dating cousins (not MY cousins), a couple of long-term relationships, wannabe professional water skiers, race stalkers, agonizing first date outfit decisions, too many awkward door-step situations, friends trying to fix me up with guys I've already gone out with, friends telling me that if their husband died they'd want him to marry me (?!?!!), well-meaning ward members who suggested that I just pray a little harder, a lot of tears, and a lot of  nights where I wondered "why did I agree to this set-up instead of staying home with a good book"... the thing that kept me out there all that time was the hope that it would all somehow end up here...with me finding this man at this time and it is all more that I thought I could hope for and a lot more than I ever thought I would find.
  

So, although my blog is called "Just Heather" ... it won't just be me anymore. But, I know it never really was just me. I have always had amazing family and friends on this journey supporting and loving me... now I feel like I really have it all because I have found someone to walk beside me wherever life may take us...and I can't wait for the adventure ahead.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

So sweet! Super happy for you:)

cbunting said...

Well said Heather! Couldn't be happier for you. Hopefully, you will still be my "race buddy." :)

melissa walker said...

So happy for both of you!

Jennifer said...

Great post! I'm so very happy for you, Heather. You deserve all the happiness in the world! Thank you for all of your funny dating posts, which I loved, but I'm honestly looking forward to all your future posts. Life is good!

brooke said...

Just saw this! Love it. You give me hope.