Monday, July 14, 2008

Weirdo Magnet


I admit it. I should wear this t-shirt as a warning to others. However...there are people out there who really really need to wear this as a warning to ME!

Last Thursday at the bike shop, a guy that works there kept talking to me. I kept trying to leave. Unfortunately, my parents raised me to be really polite, and I think that weirdos can sense this. Anyway, the guy asks me how old I am, and I say 32...and he's like, "Wow...that's cool that you're still riding." What??? Hello...I'm 32, not 82!!! Then he wanted to know if I was "married or anything." Put like that, I guess I would be in the anything category. What...no other options? How about single, but not looking to date 23-year-olds from the bike shop? That's my category.

Since then, he has texted me 6 times. Once at 11:30 at night to tell me good night. Yikes. How did he get your number, you ask? He tricked me into giving him my information for group rides. GROUP RIDES! I'm way too gullible.

So...I can't go there anymore. Kind of like the time I had to boycott McDonald's for a while after the guy at the drive-up window gave me his HAIR! Yep...HAIR! I told you I'm a weirdo magnet.

4 comments:

joslyn said...

yea, you need to work on not being so polite. he he.

zero eye contact. just kidding, but not really. lol.

melissa walker said...

I don't think I've heard the hair from McDonald's story--you really are a weirdo magnet. What do you think that says about you?

Anonymous said...

Welllll, after all, your twin did marry a red-head...........

Brock Family said...

Heather--
I am reading your blog and laughing out loud in one moment and then bursting with pride in another (since I am Paul's Aunt, I am kind of Missy's Aunt, and then... well since I am your twing sister's Aunt... seems like I must be your Aunt too??) You are an amazing woman!
Love,
your dear Aunt Karen:) (Brock)