We made it! Some of us in better shape than others. Chad's body decided to quit on him just a few blocks from the finish line. He blacked out, hit his head and was laying on the side of the road for a while before someone came to help. Even with all that, he got up and finished the race...and still did it under 5 hours! He did such an awesome job! I'm so proud of him! Paul had a great 1st marathon, too...and he loved it so much, he's doing St. George in a couple of weeks!
Chad got a little help from the paramedics at the finish line and a nice IV.
The finish line at a marathon is so inspiring to me. You see so many different types of people and so many different levels, and you just know that some of the people crossing the line just had to gut it out with everything they had left. It's those people who struggle the whole 26.2 miles and keep going that show us the greatness of the human spirit.
"Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts."
Steve Prefontaine
Steve Prefontaine

6 comments:
Thanks for the help Heather...I couldn't have done it without you, literally! You are awesome!
I'm sad I missed seeing you guys at the race! Although, I made a beeline for the massage hut...so that could be why. (:
Chad...your perseverance was amazing...and undoubtedly inspiring to everyone watching you cross the finish line! You got more cheers than anyone!
Great job to all of you! I still get teary when I think of you all crossing the finish line. I wish I could have been there!
Yea Heather!!! I'm glad I could be there to cheer you all on!!
Way to go Heath!! Another marathon! You are amazing to me! Wow! I wish I could run like you... And have your body... Can I? Please? Ha ha!! Love you! And miss you! When are we getting together???
Post a Comment