My sportband died..and it's been recalled. I was looking for something simple to replace it, and I got sucked in. It's official. I'm now a running nerd with the computer on my arm and a strap around my chest. I used to tell people I didn't care about how fast I was going or how many calories I burned (as long as I was close to breaking even after eating the burger & fries). Then, I got sucked into the techie-ness of running. A virtual partner that I can race? Wahoo! GPS tracking can show me how far I went and upload the exact mileage and hilly-ness (that's a word)? YES! I can get beeped at if I fall below my desired pace? GREAT! I am still trying to figure out my wonderful little Garmin, but so far, it's my new BFF.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Running Nerd
My sportband died..and it's been recalled. I was looking for something simple to replace it, and I got sucked in. It's official. I'm now a running nerd with the computer on my arm and a strap around my chest. I used to tell people I didn't care about how fast I was going or how many calories I burned (as long as I was close to breaking even after eating the burger & fries). Then, I got sucked into the techie-ness of running. A virtual partner that I can race? Wahoo! GPS tracking can show me how far I went and upload the exact mileage and hilly-ness (that's a word)? YES! I can get beeped at if I fall below my desired pace? GREAT! I am still trying to figure out my wonderful little Garmin, but so far, it's my new BFF.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ha Ha! Welcome to the world of "it takes me just as long to upload all my running data as it does to complete my run!"
TWO HOURS...or MORE??!?!! YIKES!
yep, it takes 2 hours. I just finally got my last 2 runs uploaded, turns out I just needed to update my software....
Ooooooooh, I am so jealous. Kristi's Mom runs with us sometimes and she has one. I want one oh so very bad because my Nike + is usually off between .2 - 1.0 miles!
Troy, you are my real BFF, but you won't run more than 3 miles with me...so this is my BBFF, my backup best friend forever...
The sportband got recalled? Does that mean I should take mine back? I'm jealous of your new BFF...although, I guess you need to actually run to justify the price...so I guess I'm out until I decide to get off my butt and start training again.
Post a Comment