
When I was training for my first marathon 12 years ago, I thought that 10-minute miles was my speed...and there was nothing I could do about it. Some people were born fast, and that wasn't me. Now, I'm running half-marathons at 8:30-mile pace and even clocked a 6:50 mile on the track. WHAT? I'm older, and getting faster? What's going on? Speedwork! I know...it sounds like a painful thing...but it doesn't have to be. Just add some pickups to one of your favorite runs; pick a landmark and run a little harder to reach it. Add a few of these to one of your runs each week, and your running will get smoother, stronger, and faster!

3 comments:
i don't understand the picture.... so as you get older you turn into a cartoon character of the avian variety? that doesn't seem healthy
Oh Troy...you make me laugh. And, I'm impressed you know the word "avian" and used it correctly in a sentence!
I better figure something out. I think I'm getting slower! Not good.
Post a Comment