It's that time again! Yep, I'm running a marathon on Saturday, so if you are lucky enough to read my blog, you know that I like to dispense what little knowledge I've picked up over the years. So, here is your Monday tidbit. Don't become a Run-Robot. I know you kind of want to, because it sounds pretty cool, but it is not good for your physical, or mental, well-being. We all know the Run-Robots...they get on the treadmill and do 5 miles at the same pace, 5 days a week. Or they run their favorite route, at the same pace, 5 days a week. You get the idea...there's no variety there! This leads to boredom, injuries, and your body adapts and stops progressing. Nobody wants that. How to avoid being a Run-Robot? Cross-train! Pick another activity, swimming or biking are great complements to running. They work your running muscles in a different way as well as working muscles that running doesn't get to. Plus, switching it up keeps your body guessing what is coming next, which makes it work harder, get stronger, and burns more calories. You want to be a better runner? Stop running (all the time). Run happy!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Run-Robots
It's that time again! Yep, I'm running a marathon on Saturday, so if you are lucky enough to read my blog, you know that I like to dispense what little knowledge I've picked up over the years. So, here is your Monday tidbit. Don't become a Run-Robot. I know you kind of want to, because it sounds pretty cool, but it is not good for your physical, or mental, well-being. We all know the Run-Robots...they get on the treadmill and do 5 miles at the same pace, 5 days a week. Or they run their favorite route, at the same pace, 5 days a week. You get the idea...there's no variety there! This leads to boredom, injuries, and your body adapts and stops progressing. Nobody wants that. How to avoid being a Run-Robot? Cross-train! Pick another activity, swimming or biking are great complements to running. They work your running muscles in a different way as well as working muscles that running doesn't get to. Plus, switching it up keeps your body guessing what is coming next, which makes it work harder, get stronger, and burns more calories. You want to be a better runner? Stop running (all the time). Run happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow!that is neat
I knew you would appreciate it Troy!
Post a Comment