Saturday, January 23, 2010

Going Private?


I can't decide...I've been thinking about going private...and I need feedback. Yes? No? An anonymous commenter hinted, well, not so much hinted, but came right out and said, that I thought I was too good for the guys who email me and how would I feel if I was browsing around and saw my photo on someone else's blog? First of all, I don't think I'm too good for these guys. I just don't want to go out with 5o+ year olds. Second, I never meant to disparage others. I am just somewhat amazed at the wide and varied range of singles out there.

So, what do you think? What should I do? If you think I should go private and you want to continue reading about my misadventures in life, leave your email in the comments. If you don't think I should go private, tell me why!

11 comments:

Mac and Dixie said...

First of all, as long as I can still read your blog I don't care. Yours is one of my favorites to follow!

I think that if you feel like a stranger might have their feelings hurt because you posted something that doesn't agree with them...so you don't post it...and then the rest of us don't get to enjoy...then go private, by all means, so we can still hear all your "private" thoughts!! :-)

Mandy said...

If you go private you have to send me an invite. I would miss your funny blog!!

brooke said...

First, I think anyone who comments under the name "anonymous" is a coward. At least have the balls to put your name on it if you are going to criticize someone.

Second, I love your blog and I don't think you should change a thing. Guess what--you ARE better than the guys who are emailing you. No one wants to say that because it is the cold hard truth but these guys are losers--you wouldn't be making fun of them if they were just unattractive--it is because they are putting pictures of themselves out there with cats, with babies and axle rose hair or they don't have jobs, etc. You do deserve better and we all deserve to laugh at these guys.

Finally, I say don't go private because you will lose readers and comments. I forget to check my private friends' blgs because they don't show up on my bloglines but the choice is yours. If anonymous won't leave you alone, then go private. I would say to anonymous that if s/he doesn't like your blog--stop reading it!

amen.

Melinda said...

I love reading your blog and feel your pain in dating. Whatever you decide I would love to keep reading your blog. If you go private please invite me Melindasmt@aol.com - Melinda Smith

Julie said...

I am not a fan of private blogs, although I have had friends go private for security reasons. If a blog is not in my Google Reader, and private blogs are not, then I don't read it. I would miss keeping up with your escapades, dating and otherwise.

Caitlin said...

okay - weird that someone made the anonymous comment . . . unless your blog is listed on any dating websites, i think you're fine.

sounds like anonymous might have a bit of a personal hangup.

Julie said...

Personally, I'm not a fan of private blogs. If a blog update doesn't show up in my Google Reader, which private blogs do not, then I am not going to read them. I say keep the dating escapades coming.

Sarah said...

Go private. Or don't go private. Either way, take us along. We love laughing WITH you. :) andrew.sarah27@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

It's your blog - you can write what you want. It is creepy that people you don't know are making comments. If you do go private, you better invite me. Your posts make me laugh!

Heather said...

Well...I figure going private is really just too much of a hassle for me :) Public it is!

melissa walker said...

Hey, maybe if someone sees himself on here and how he's coming across, it may help him improve his dating!