Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Ah...the Single Life
Intriguing, right? I know everyone is curious because when I talk to anyone I haven't seen for a while, the first question is always, "Are you dating anyone?"...so I will give you the rundown of my dating life this summer. I'm not making any of this up.
*An 84-year old guy at the gym likes to take me out to lunch at the Golden Corral. If I let him, he would probably take me out to lunch every day, so far I'm trying to limit our outings to a couple of times a month. He also brings me yarn dogs and airplanes made out of soda cans. I'm not sure how to get out of this...it's a downward spiral.
*I was set up with a guy who sounded pretty nice, until he kept making suggestive comments about me wearing spandex once he heard that I road bike. Him: "You ever wear spandex on a date?" Me: "Well, I have gone biking on a date, but I've never just shown up in spandex, although my jeans do have a bit of stretch in them." Him: "We should go biking. You wear your spandex and ride in front of me." Me: "Um...that sounds nice? Do you have a bike?" Him: "No."
*My mom's friend wants me to meet her really good friend. Turns out...I already met him in my singles' ward about 7 years ago. He was kind of a jerk to "regular" girls then, had a policy about not dating girls in the ward, and even though I've been to his house, he has no idea who I am. I guess that explains his "40 & still single" status.
*At great persuasion, I tried out the Match.com for a month and kept getting messages from a Catholic guy who said I was "normal-looking". If that doesn't boost your self-esteem, I don't know what would.
*As the single adult representative in my ward, I often feel obligated to go to the firesides and such that they plan for the 31 and older crowd. Let me just say, that the "older" actually means 100 and these are the only people who come. If you walk into the foyer and there is a guy with a walker, you are in the right place. According to the Church, this is my niche. I found it.
I hope this answers all questions. I'm not dating anyone, but apparently I would date anyone. So, if you either have someone that you think would be fun for me to meet, or that you think would make a better blog story than my previous, oh, let's call them "dates", have provided. Let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Seriously, tears coming down my cheeks--You are such a good person for going to Golden Corral with the 84 year old--it's probably my grandpa.
I was at SBH yesterday and today so I'm surprised I didn't see you. I clearly have a problem and need therapy to stay away from that place.
I am going to find you a good man, at least someone under 80...seriously, you made my day with this post.
i don't even know what to say!!!
sam and i read this together and were thoroughly entertained! you are so funny! i can't even believe some of these little stories of yours... CLASSIC!
was the 84 year old the one asking you about the spandex?
love you!
Actually, the 84-year old and I have seen each other in swim suits (but not spandex) because I met him at the pool. I swim laps and he yells at me to get my heart rate up as he sits in the hot tub.
The guy asking about spandex hasn't texted back since I told him I could probably beat him up. Maybe not the best date conversation.
Post a Comment