Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gravity hates me, too

I have been waiting for these shoes to come in for months! It's the newest thing from Nike...the Lunarglide. They look very fast, yes? Even the name implies that gravity is obsolete. So, I slipped them on this morning to take them for a test run. I was flying! Soon enough about 2 1/2 miles into my run, gravity caught up with me...it looked a little like this, but I was not lucky enough to have helmet...



And now I am missing skin from my hands, knee, and I smacked my face on the asphalt hard enough to add another cheekbone. Who says running isn't a contact sport?

The worst part was that it was 6:30 in the morning, a bunch of high school kids waiting for the bus watched this all happen, and I had to run 2 1/2 miles back home with blood running down my hands, holding my bruised ribs. At least it was still darkish outside.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, toughen up....just walk it off, hehehehe.

melissa walker said...

Maybe those shoes made you too fast? Your feet were going faster than the rest of you! Maybe you should go get some chocolate now.

cbunting said...

Why didn't wait to turf it on our long run this weekend?!? That would've been a fantastic way to cross the finish line :)

Heather said...

Not only did I "walk it off", I had to run 2 1/2 miles to get back home! Those shoes are WAY to fast for me. I will try to duplicate the fall for you on Saturday, Chaddie. I live to amuse others.

Troy "Trizzle" Bunting said...

why is it so difficult for people in our family to simply take a jog? chad is missing memories from the curb, you're missing skin, luckily mom doesn't jog because i'm sure she'd find some acid to jog and fall into.. luckily my athletic prowess gives the bunting name some credibility

Jenn S said...

Hi Heather! Your blog is great! Seriously, you are inspiring me to become a runner! I need to get off my bottom....maybe I should get some of those shoes! Hope you are feeling better...ouch!

My blog is private....but I would love to invite you. Send me an email to jennifjs@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Bye for now!

brooke said...

How horrible. I hate falling and even as an adult--I cry my eyes out when I get hurt.

Are you training for St. George? The husband is doing that and he ran 20 miles this morning, which renders him completely helpless the rest of the day. I'm lovin it--no really.

Heather said...

Brooke...we are training for St. George! I'll look for you down there!